Free 1-year subscription to LawNet Legal Research for new subscribers (in-house counsel and law firms) only
1. Who is eligible for the free subscription?
The free 1-year subscription to Lawnet Legal Research, including access to LawNet Asia, will be offered to individual SAL members who:
- have no outstanding membership fees of more than 12 months;
- are active members and were not given a waiver of fees based on SAL Rule 4 (1);
- hold valid Singapore practicing certificate or are in-house counsel based in Singapore; and
- have not been assigned LawNet access or did not terminate their LawNet access in the last 12 months.
Should you wish to check and make payment for outstanding membership fees, you may do so by logging-in anytime at payment.sal.sg or by writing to [email protected].
If you want to find out details about your LawNet subscription, please write to [email protected].
2. How long is the duration of the free subscription?
The free subscription is valid for 1 year only. Commencement date will be announced by Q4 2021.
3. What is the effective date to get the free subscription?
Only new applications from the commencement date (TBC) to 31 March 2022 will be given a free 1-year subscription.
4. What is the cut-off date to get the free subscription?
New applicants may apply from the commencement date (TBC) to 31 March 2022 to qualify for the free 1-year subscription.
5. Are firms or academic institutions eligible for the free subscription?
Only individual (personal) applications will be eligible (subject to meeting the conditions as mentioned under Q45). Firm subscriptions (multi-user) or academic institutions are not covered in this benefit.
6. Can I get the free subscription if I subscribed earlier this year?
If you have an existing personal account registered under your name or have terminated a subscription in the last 12 months, you do not qualify for the free subscription.
7. Can I cancel my LawNet subscription and re-apply to qualify for the free subscription?
To be eligible, a user must not have a terminated account in the last 12 months.
8. I am ready to apply for the free subscription, what do I need to do?
More details will be shared soon on the application process.
9. After the free 1-year subscription, can I convert my individual (personal) account to a firm (multi-user) account?
Yes, it is possible to convert an individual (personal) account to a firm (multi-user) account. Please send in the request to [email protected].