- To provide more support to members who may need further assistance, the Academy will waive the 2021 SAL annual membership fees for:
- Members who, as of 31 January 2021, are in the Ordinary 1 category (admitted to the Singapore Bar from 2016 – 2020)
- Members who, up until 31 January 2021, hold valid practising certificates and are attached to a small law firm with 1 to 5 lawyers; and
- Members who, up until 31 January 2021, hold valid practising certificates and are attached to a medium-sized law firm with 6 to 10 lawyers.
To enjoy these waivers, please update your records with the Academy by 30 November 2020. You can update your particulars by:
- Logging in to the SAL Customers’ Portal; or
- Completing the online form found here (no login required)
- All eligible members will receive an additional credit dollars (C$) of C$150* in their accounts on Saturday 9 May. This can be used to:
- Two months’ worth of subscription fees for LawNet will be waived for in-house counsel and law firms. These waivers will be automatically reflected in the July and August billing cycles; no action is needed on your part.
- We are also providing 40 slots for small firms to access a business re-engineering consultancy package. The three-month Lighten Up! programme is designed to make your processes and workflows more efficient and will be provided free of charge to selected firms. (Apply here)
Enquiries/Feedback: [email protected] /call 6332-4388.
*Do note the following:
I. All C$ will expire on 31 March 2021, so please use them before then
II. Members not currently on GIRO will receive an additional C$35 if they sign up to pay their annual membership fees by GIRO (please complete the GIRO application form here)
Send GIRO applications to:
Singapore Academy of Law
1 Coleman Street #08-06 The Adelphi