- A Comparative Overview of Consent in Data Protection Regulation1 July 2021 – 4.00pm – 5.30pm (1.5 CPD Point)
- SAL Annual Review of 2020 Cases23 June – 3 August 2021 – 4.00pm – 5.30pm (1.5 CPD points)
- Venture Business Considerations8 July – 29 October 2021 (1 – 1.5 CPD Points)
- Maritime and Shipping Law for Legal and Industry Practitioners18 – 25 August 2021 (26 Public CPD Point)
- Conducting E-Commerce in Europe and Asia: Navigating the Legal and Regulatory Landscape31 Aug 2021 – 4.00pm – 6.00pm (1.5 CPD Point)
- Rise of Pre-Packs as a Restructuring Tool — Global and Regional Perspectives9 Sept 2021 – 7.00pm – 8.15pm (1 CPD Point)
- Implication of Climate Change Laws on Compliance, Risk and Cost of Business5 October 2021 – 4.00pm – 6.00pm (1.5 CPD points)
- Criminal Law Advocacy Workshop - Voir Dire: Hurdling Threats, Inducements and Promises7 October 2021 – 6.00pm – 8.30pm (2 CPD points)
SAL’s workshops are brought online. You will find the first upcoming webinars here.
Earn Your Private CPD Points Online
- MS Word for Legal DocumentsFreeUse Microsoft Word to produce professional legal documents.
- MS Excel for Legal OperationsFreePractical tips on how to use Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets to track law firm and client data.
- MS Powerpoint for Legal PresentationsFreeEverything you need to know about Microsoft Powerpoint to create effective presentation slides.
- The Human and Business Case for Lawyer WellbeingFree
- Managing Anxiety and DepressionFree
- Managing Challenging Behaviours in the Legal WorkplaceFree
- Green light for the SMC for SOPA AdjudicationsApril 2020 – Drew & Napier
- Navigating loan obligations amidst the Singapore Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020April 2020 – Withers KhattarWong
- COVID-19: Government support measures and risk management arrangements for the hotel industry in SingaporeApril 2020 – Withers KhattarWong
- Cash flow support for individuals and SMEs – help from the MAS during the COVID-19 pandemicApril 2020 – Drew & Napier
- The Intellectual Property Office of Singapore extends prescribed deadlines falling within 7 April 2020 to 7 May 2020April 2020 – Bird & Bird ATMD
- Alternative arrangements for meetings for companies, variable capital companies, business trusts, unit trusts and debenture holders (*please download as pdf to access the article)April 2020 – WongPartnership
- Control orders under the COVID-19 Circuit Breaker measuresApril – Rajah & Tann
- In solidarity: Third Budget to support businesses through COVID-19 Circuit Breaker measuresApril – Rajah & Tann
- (Covid-19 Global Pandemic) Measures to aid with credit for businesses and SMEsApril – Drew & Napier
- S$125 million MAS support package for financial institutions and fintech firms in Singapore in light of COVID-19April – Dentons Rodyk
- COVID-19 Singapore: Guide to (Temporary Measures) Act 2020April – Clyde & Co
LawNet Resources (Commentaries)
Make sure to login your Lawnet account before opening the links.
LawNet Resources (Covid-19 Related Legislations)
Make sure to login your Lawnet account before opening the links.
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures for Solemnization and Registration of Marriages) Act 2020
- COVID‑19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings) (Corporate Insolvency) Order 2020
- COVID‑19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings) (Bankruptcy) Order 2020
- Biological Agents and Toxins (COVID-19 Research Laboratory — Exemption) Regulations 2020
- Customs (Duties) (COVID-19 — Exemption) Order 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Prescribed Period) Order 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Schools) Order 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Management Corporations, Subsidiary Management Corporations and Collective Sale Committees) Order 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Town Councils) Order 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Charities, Co-operative Societies and Mutual Benefit Organisations) Order 2020
- Innovation at Linklaters : Our Journey and Impetus to Change
- The Effective Lawyer (Part 2): Future of the legal profession, from law school to the workplace
- The Effective Lawyer (Part 1): Changing skillsets & new ways of delivering legal service
- Engineering the Future of the Legal Industry
- The ‘Disruptive Force’ that is Innovation in the Legal Vertical
- The Global Legal Hackathon & What’s Next! (Guest: Regall)
- The Lawyer 2.0 - Market Response and the Lawyer’s Mindset
- The Lawyer 2.0 - ‘Essence’ of a Lawyer and the Impact of Technology
- List TitleThe Lawyer 2.0 - Era of Change and Disruption
- The Lawyer 2.0 - Innovation Journey
Future Law Innovation Programme – Podcasts
Ebooks & Publications
- Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency in Asia 2020ABLI partnered with International Insolvency Institute and now launches a compendium on the corporate restructuring and insolvency regimes in 16 jurisdictions across Asia Pacific.
- Data Protection Law in SingaporeThe adoption of the Personal Data Protection Act transformed the legal regime for data protection in Singapore. 2nd Edition.
- The Law of Contract in SingaporeSoftcover edition: This is the first textbook on Singapore contract law that is written for a local audience. It offers a comprehensive and structured discussion of all aspects of Singapore contract law
- Contract Law in Singapore: Cases, Materials and Commentary.This is the first contract law casebook which compiles extracts from the judgements of the Singapore courts, as well as excerpts from relevant Singapore statutes.
Business Insights: General
- Beyond coronavirus: The Path to the next normal
- Executive expectations about the shape of the coronavirus crisis
- Survey: Asian consumer sentiment during the COVID-19 crisis
- Connecting with customers in time of crisis
- Adapting customer experience in the time of coronavirus
- COVID-19 and beyond: Cash management practices to weather the downturn
- What big business idea will emerge from the pandemic?
- COVID-19: Taking the first steps to recovery
Business Insights: Industry Specific
- Supply Chain Lessons from COVID-19: time to refocus on resilience
- COVID-19: The impact on workers in global supply chains
- China‘s Supply Chains and Coronavirus: What’s next?
- Advanced Industrial Services: Big Data and Analytics Change Everything
- The next normal: Retail M&A and partnerships after COVID-19
- Insurance resilience in a rapidly changing coronavirus world
- How payments can adjust to the coronavirus pandemic - and help the world adapt
- How COVID-19 changes the game for biopharma in China
- Reimagining medtech for a COVID-19 world
Help for remote working
We have listed a number of online videos and training materials for you to become more comfortable working remotely.
- D.A.S.H. + FrameworkDesign Thinking to solve and anticipate Customer’s pain points, Agile Thinking to navigate business transformation, System Thinking to sense-make the ecosystem and value chain, Hypergrowth performance in business
- Collaborate with Microsoft TeamsFreeVideos – LinkedIn Learning – Tips and tricks to make you and your team more productive if you are a Microsoft Office 365 subscriber.
- Learning ZoomFreeVideos – LinkedIn Learning – Collaborate more seamlessly using Zoom, the popular video conferencing tool. Do take note of the security around Zoom with help of this Infographic by the Personal Data Protection Commission.
- Time Management: Working from HomeFreeVideos – LinkedIn Learning – Including tips for parents and caregivers. With so many demands on your time and attention, it’s a tricky balancing act to stay productive. This course offers best practices for anyone who works full-time from home.
- Executive Presence on Video Conference CallsFreeTips on increasing your client/stakeholder communication skills via video conference.
- Managing Virtual TeamsFreeVideos – LinkedIn Learning – Managing people at a distance.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Law Firm MarketingFreeArticle – Looking to boost your business development efforts? Check out this primer which has links to several other articles.
- Crisis Management Blueprint for COVID-19FreeArticle – INSEAD – Provides a framework for crisis management. Applicable for in-house counsel and practitioners.
- Managing Stress for Positive ChangeFreeVideos – LinkedIn Learning – Cabin fever setting in? Work and life blending into one making you overwhelmed? Here are some tips to help you manage during these times and build resilience.