Physical and Tech Set-Up
1. Use a computer instead of a mobile phone. Your mobile phone can be a backup device. Because redundancy is good.
2. Consider using an external video camera so that you can have greater flexibility in positioning and possibly better quality video.
3. Consider using an external speaker and/or microphone if your built-in speaker and microphone do not seem to put you right in the hearing room.
4. Alternatively, a headset with headphone and microphone built in may work well for you, too.
5. Positioning your video camera at eye-level is best and try to keep it at a distance that makes the size of your face about two-thirds to four-fifths of the screen height.
6. Multiple monitors are great, and some lawyers think that a minimum of three are necessary.
7. A green screen will make virtual backgrounds much better, but you must be prepared for the physical space that a green screen will take up.
8. Consider getting video lights to get uniform and sufficient lighting on your face.
9. Try to get a wired connection for your broadband connection, all the way from where the fibre enters into your house, until your computer, instead of relying on WiFi.